Turkish version of warm chickpea puree drizzled with olive oil & toasted pine nuts. You will ditch the shop bought hummus forever!
PREP TIME | COOK TIME | TOTAL TIME
5 min 10–15 min 15 - 20 min
THE SHOPPING LIST:
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (You can use canned ones, but rinse thoroughly)
- glugs of virgin olive oil
- juice of half a lemon juice (more to taste)
- 1/2 cup of sesame tahini
- pinch of sea salt
- generous pinch of cumin seeds (lightly toasted and ground)
- pinch of Turkish red pepper
- sprinkle of toasted pine nuts
- scattering of pomegranates seeds
HOW TO COOK IT:
- Make sure the oven is fairly hot, around 200C.
- Blitz the garlic in a blender until it sticks to the sides of the bowl.
- Add the chickpeas, cumin and blitz again.
- Now add the olive oil, the lemon juice and tahini, and blitz again until the mixture is smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and put into an oven dish in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Drizzle some olive oil and sprinkle the pine nuts, red pepper flakes & scatter pomegranates (because we cant help ourselves)
SERVE WITH: Serve hot with warm pitta bread. You can make this ahead of time and this will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days. Great on toast the next day with a fried egg on top!
Read more on Recipes