Asparagus is only here for a short season, and we love to chargrill ours and add to salads, grains or simply serve with Halloumi.
Chargrilled Asparagus and Halloumi Salad
I love this salads so versatile, can be enjoyed on it own, or an accompaniment to fish, beef or lamb. Especially during
asparagus seasons the sweetness once you chargrill against the salty halloumi, and the crunch of the nuts, makes this
our go to salad in Spring and the beginning of Summer.
PREP TIME | COOK TIME | TOTAL TIME
5 min 10min 15 min
THE SHOPPING LIST
- 1 Bunch of organic asparagus
- 1 packet of organic halloumi
- Olive oil - a good glug of peppery version for salads
- Lemon – juice of half a , the other half sliced
- Sea salt to taste, remember you only need a little
- Pomegranate molasses - a glug
- Smoked almonds - roughly smashed
- Spices – pinch of green za'atar (dry thyme and sesame), red pepper flakes
- Flat leaf parsley - Half a bunch coarsely chopped
HOW TO COOK IT:
- Cut the end of asparagus, cut the halloumi in large slabs rather than small slices
- In a bowl add some olive oil, coat your a asparagus and halloumi
- Heat a griddle or frying pan if you don't have one.
- Hover your hand around 20 cm above the pan, and if you can feel the heat, its ready
- Chargrill on for around 30 seconds, and turn over
- Once done put to one side
- Make the dressing by adding olive oil, lemon, za'atar, pomegranate molasses, sea salt
- Toss the asparagus and halloumi in the dressing.
- Dress the plate with the asparagus first, layer the halloumi pieces, scatter the nuts & flat leaf parsley
- SERVE WITH: Pan roasted Fish, Beef or Lamb Fillet, or own its own with some warm pitta bread.
Read more on Recipes